Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The First of Many

This happens to be the first blog entry I have ever made. That might not sound strange to some, but to people that know me, it seems a bit weird. Since I am a professional computer geek people think that I would be doing everything that involves technology. Honestly I get burned out at times and I just want to do something that doesn't require electricity. So, instead of blogging, I have taken up a hobby of woodcarving. I have carved some pacific-islander style faces into a birch cane that I found right after the spring flooding this last year. I really enjoy it, and it's a great break from the constant connection to the information world. Don't get me wrong, I like technology, that's why I've based my career around it, but sometimes you have to get away.

1 comment:

Bobbe McGhie Allen said...

There is an error in your first sentence. And I can't fix it. If this were on a wiki...............